Canada beats South Korea to book spot in Paralympic hockey gold award diversion
GANGNEUNG, Korea, Republic Of - Canada will play for gold Para ice hockey gold Sunday at the Pyeongchang Paralympics.
Billy Extensions and Tyler McGregor scored twice as the Canadians dispatched South Korea 7-0 in Thursday's elimination round, and presently can't seem to surrender an objective in the competition.
Liam Hickey, Dom Cozzolino, and Greg Westlake scored one objective each for the Canadians, who blew past their preparatory round adversaries 35-0 more than three diversions. The Koreans, who completed second behind the U.S. in Gathering B, had two wins and a misfortune in the first round.
The Canadians are No. 2 positioned on the planet behind the Unified States, and have won Paralympic gold only once in Para hockey's 24-year history - in 2006 in Turin.
Canada didn't win an award in Vancouver in 2010, and after that needed to agree to bronze four years back in Sochi. The Americans won the gold there, while the Russians, who were restricted from these Diversions for doping infringement, guaranteed silver. Thirty Russian competitors are contending in Pyeongchang under the Impartial Paralympic Competitors flag.
Canada will weapon for gold on Sunday not as much as a month after the Canadians wrapped up a frustrating Olympic competition. The men were disposed of in the elimination rounds by Germany, while the ladies lost to their archrival Americans in a shootout, their first Olympic last misfortune since the ladies' amusement made its introduction in 1998 in Nagano.
Thursday's group at Gangneung Ice Field, including South Korean First Woman Kim Jung-sook, equaled that of the Olympic ladies' last. Ear-part shouts ejected with each Korean pass or shot close to the Canadian net. The fans moved and sang along to K-pop hits amid timeouts.The U.S. furthermore, Italy were meeting in the other elimination round Thursday evening. Condemning nears for ex-NFL running back Joe McKnight's executioner The man indicted murder in the 2016 street seethe shooting passing of previous NFL running back Joe McKnight faces condemning in a rural New Orleans court on Thursday.
Ronald Gasser, 56, could get up to 40 years in jail.
Gasser was sentenced Jan. 26. Barrier legal counselors contended that Gasser shot in self-protection when McKnight strolled up to his auto following a 5-mile moving encounter that started on a scaffold spreading over the Mississippi Stream in New Orleans and finished with gunfire in neighboring Jefferson Area.
Observers at the trial said McKnight had been weaving all through activity at rapid before the shooting. Prosecutors recognized to the jury that he was, in the expressions of Collaborator Lead prosecutor Seth Shute, "driving like a twitch." Yet they contended that Gasser raised the contention, tailing him down a leave that he would not normally have taken minutes preceding the shooting.
Shute recognized that McKnight had a hand on the open, traveler side window of Gasser's auto before he was shot. However, he said physical confirmation demonstrated Gasser lied amid broad police addressing when he guaranteed McKnight rushed at him.
McKnight had been a secondary school football saint at Louisiana's John Curtis Christian School. He marked with the College of Southern California in 2006. In the NFL, he played three seasons for the New York Planes and one with the Kansas City Boss.
Gasser was arraigned on a moment degree kill allegation in McKnight's demise. The jury voted 10-2 for the lesser decision of murder.
Gasser did not leave the scene of the shooting and he was discharged for a period in the wake of being addressed. He is white and his discharge after the shooting of the dark competitor started dissents at the time from some who said race was a factor.
Jefferson Area Sheriff Newell Normand, who has since resigned, denied that race assumed any part and noticed that a careful examination prompted Gasser's capture and arraignment. Prosecutors later related a meticulous examination including a broad look for witnesses and physical confirmation that inevitably prompted Gasser being charged.
The case in some ways reverberated another New Orleans-region street seethe shooting from 2016. Previous New Orleans Holy people star Will Smith was gunned down in that April occurrence. The shooter was later indicted homicide and condemned to 25 years.
Billy Extensions and Tyler McGregor scored twice as the Canadians dispatched South Korea 7-0 in Thursday's elimination round, and presently can't seem to surrender an objective in the competition.
Liam Hickey, Dom Cozzolino, and Greg Westlake scored one objective each for the Canadians, who blew past their preparatory round adversaries 35-0 more than three diversions. The Koreans, who completed second behind the U.S. in Gathering B, had two wins and a misfortune in the first round.
The Canadians are No. 2 positioned on the planet behind the Unified States, and have won Paralympic gold only once in Para hockey's 24-year history - in 2006 in Turin.
Canada didn't win an award in Vancouver in 2010, and after that needed to agree to bronze four years back in Sochi. The Americans won the gold there, while the Russians, who were restricted from these Diversions for doping infringement, guaranteed silver. Thirty Russian competitors are contending in Pyeongchang under the Impartial Paralympic Competitors flag.
Canada will weapon for gold on Sunday not as much as a month after the Canadians wrapped up a frustrating Olympic competition. The men were disposed of in the elimination rounds by Germany, while the ladies lost to their archrival Americans in a shootout, their first Olympic last misfortune since the ladies' amusement made its introduction in 1998 in Nagano.
Thursday's group at Gangneung Ice Field, including South Korean First Woman Kim Jung-sook, equaled that of the Olympic ladies' last. Ear-part shouts ejected with each Korean pass or shot close to the Canadian net. The fans moved and sang along to K-pop hits amid timeouts.The U.S. furthermore, Italy were meeting in the other elimination round Thursday evening. Condemning nears for ex-NFL running back Joe McKnight's executioner The man indicted murder in the 2016 street seethe shooting passing of previous NFL running back Joe McKnight faces condemning in a rural New Orleans court on Thursday.
Ronald Gasser, 56, could get up to 40 years in jail.
Gasser was sentenced Jan. 26. Barrier legal counselors contended that Gasser shot in self-protection when McKnight strolled up to his auto following a 5-mile moving encounter that started on a scaffold spreading over the Mississippi Stream in New Orleans and finished with gunfire in neighboring Jefferson Area.
Observers at the trial said McKnight had been weaving all through activity at rapid before the shooting. Prosecutors recognized to the jury that he was, in the expressions of Collaborator Lead prosecutor Seth Shute, "driving like a twitch." Yet they contended that Gasser raised the contention, tailing him down a leave that he would not normally have taken minutes preceding the shooting.
Shute recognized that McKnight had a hand on the open, traveler side window of Gasser's auto before he was shot. However, he said physical confirmation demonstrated Gasser lied amid broad police addressing when he guaranteed McKnight rushed at him.
McKnight had been a secondary school football saint at Louisiana's John Curtis Christian School. He marked with the College of Southern California in 2006. In the NFL, he played three seasons for the New York Planes and one with the Kansas City Boss.
Gasser was arraigned on a moment degree kill allegation in McKnight's demise. The jury voted 10-2 for the lesser decision of murder.
Gasser did not leave the scene of the shooting and he was discharged for a period in the wake of being addressed. He is white and his discharge after the shooting of the dark competitor started dissents at the time from some who said race was a factor.
Jefferson Area Sheriff Newell Normand, who has since resigned, denied that race assumed any part and noticed that a careful examination prompted Gasser's capture and arraignment. Prosecutors later related a meticulous examination including a broad look for witnesses and physical confirmation that inevitably prompted Gasser being charged.
The case in some ways reverberated another New Orleans-region street seethe shooting from 2016. Previous New Orleans Holy people star Will Smith was gunned down in that April occurrence. The shooter was later indicted homicide and condemned to 25 years.
Comments
Post a Comment